Mold Remediation / Treatment

Due to the dangers involved, mold remediation is a job that only a trained technician should perform. We want make the process as safe and easy as possible for you. Joe’s Plumbing is committed to making this as seamless as possible for you and your family.

Joe’s Plumbing technicians are highly skilled and have years of experience.

Our technicians have the knowledge and equipment to diagnose and treat all your mold and moisture problems.

Mold Remediation/ Treatment

Often times when there is water damage or leaking pipes, mold will appear if the problem goes undetected or untreated.

Such problems should be treated immediately by a trained professional so as to minimize any damage to your home, office or health.

Joe’s Plumbing has reached the highest obtainable scores for EPA testing when it comes to treating mold.

Our mold remediation services treat your home or office from mold that is extremely hazardous to your health and can go undetected for years.

The presence of mold is not only toxic to you and your family’s health, but is destructive to your home or office and can decrease the value of your home or office by tens of thousands of dollars.

Joe’s Plumbing offers several services to treat your mold problems, including but not limited to soda blasting, chemical fogging, dehumidifying and negative air scouring. If you have, or believe you have, mold in your home or office, please contact Joe’s Plumbing and an experienced technician will diagnose and treat your mold problems as soon as possible.

Often times, when a plumbing issue goes undetected or untreated for any period of time, excessive amounts of water will appear in or near the areas of the plumbing issue.

Furthermore, ground water, humidity levels and/or weather conditions can all lead to water entering your crawl spaces, wall cavities or appearing under your home or office buildings.

Mold Remediation/ Treatment

If untreated, water and moisture that is not removed or extracted from your crawl space or building can lead to catastrophic damages, including structural damage and the appearance of harmful mold toxins.

If properly detected and treated, such damages can be avoided. Joe’s Plumbing has trained and experienced technicians who can properly detect and extract the water or moisture in your crawl spaces, wall cavities and under buildings.

What is toxic black mold?
Toxic black mold or black mold is a name commonly used for Stachybotrys chartarum. It is one of the most infamous toxic mold because it can grow in houses and building and is extremely dangerous to humans. Stachybotrys is known as a toxic mold because it produces toxins called mycotoxins.

What is the difference between mold remediation and mold removal?
It is important to understand that mold is ubiquitous, it is EVERYWHERE. ALL homes have mold in them. Mold is present in homes, buildings, and the outside air. Mold spores are in the air, on surfaces, on the furniture, etc. However, NOT ALL MOLD IS TOXIC. Any person or company who tells you they can completely remove mold from your home or building is misinforming you. Toxic mold can be treated. However, there is no possible way to guarantee that mold will not return to one's home, as conditions may exist within a home that are conducive to mold growth.

How is black mold treated?
Black mold is usually treated by chemically fogging large areas. Another method of treatment is known as soda blasting (abrasion blasting).

How do I know if I have black mold in my home or office?
Other than visually detecting black mold, often times a musty odor is a common sign of the presence of black mold. If you believe you have mold in your home, contact a professional immediately. Mold detection kits which can be purchased by homeowners are a scam.

Mold Remediation/ Treatment

What are the causes of black mold?
Other than the normal amounts of mold that exist everywhere, black mold appears in areas with excess moisture and/or water leaks. Improper ventilation can also cause areas to become infected with mold colonies. Toxic black mold grows best in warm conditions. Outdoors, toxic black mold grows in soil and on plant debris. Indoors, toxic black mold needs materials high in cellulose and low in nitrogen in order to grow. This means toxic black mold can grow on many common indoor building materials. When toxic black mold does grow in the home, it is usually in a place out of sight.

What are the symptoms related to the exposure of black mold?
Exposure to black mold can cause the following symptoms: Respiratory problems, skin inflammation, hemorrhaging, irritation to the mucous membranes, damage to internal organs, mental impairment, tiredness, nausea, and immune system suppression. Toxic black mold can cause permanent damage to your health. In extreme cases, toxic black mold has even lead to death. Because of the serious health effects toxic black mold can cause, if you find it in your home you need to take steps to get it treated immediately. The longer you are exposed to toxic black mold, the more damage it can cause to your health.

If you believe you have water or moisture in your crawl space(s), wall cavity(ies) or under your building(s), please contact Joe’s Plumbing and a trained technician will perform a moisture test in and around the areas in question. Call Joe’s Plumbing & Rooter Service at 775-246-5634. You can also fill this contact us form and we’ll get back to you during normal business hours.